I’ve been wanting one of these awesome jade plants for ages (they are retro and cool) and my housemate brought some cuttings home. Any tips on how to look after this fascinating plant?
Hi Spriggers, I’ve got bushes and bushes of these little chillies, can someone give me a recipe to make a chilli jam or something? Cheers!
I live in Durban, where marigolds grow wild. Recently I’ve seen bunches of them for sale at Food Lovers Market. I assume they are for eating as they are sold with the vegetables not the flowers. What can I cook with them?
Spriggers I love these bushes in my garden but am not sure what they are called. They have lovely flowers and berries. Can someone give me some more information on them?
Check out this lovely yellow poinsettia we have blooming in the garden!
Formerly a bowling green constructed in the 1950s and unused for decades, the site comprises part of the original farm, ‘Oranje Zigt’, established in 1709. OZCF seeks to re-connect the Oranjezicht neighbourhood and the rest of Cape Town to this neglected piece of heritage through design, education and vegetable gardening and to use it as [...]
Just sharing this lovely cactus flower!
All are welcome to our talk by Clive Greenstone on Living Green Roofs in South Africa, to be held at the Durban Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre on 27 May 2013 at 6 pm. Full details of the talk are available for download HERE. Many thanks, Kind regards Sandra Dell (secretary) Botanical Society of SA KZN [...]
Spending time in a natural space is the best way to regain vitality. Fresh air, natural light and the smell of trees and flowers can really help body and mind to slow down and relax. Working in the garden is a great way of finding oneself – a way back to nature and of doing [...]
Our comfrey plants are thriving – what can we actually use it for?
Garden and Home Profile
- Lorraine: This delightful succulent is commonly called 'Don...
- Niall: Chilli flakes is a great idea; and super-useful!...
- Crystal: My chilli bushes are also going mad at the moment....
- Lorraine Solomon: Marigold petals are edible, some varieties having ...
- Louise Rash Torr: Use the fresh petals in salads. Marigolds are edib...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- My name is Jade May 19, 2013
- Chilli chilli May 19, 2013
- Best Marigold May 18, 2013
- Please help: what are these lovely plants? May 16, 2013
- Yellow Poinsettia May 15, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter